Eat More Superfoods This Year, Dietitian Recommends
The new year is here and we’re all feeling the inspiration of goal setting — but your only goal for 2020 should be to eat more superfoods every day, according to Registered Dietitian Jenny Champion.
What Are Superfoods?
Superfoods are the most nutritious and rich foods around. These nutrient-dense superfoods provide us with many of the vitamins and minerals needed for optimal health. Plus, they offer us a delicious way to stay energized and keep our bodies well-nourished.
Benefits of Eating Superfoods
Champion points out that there are some major benefits to eating superfoods:
- Increased overall nutrition
- More energy and better focus
- Stronger immune system
- Reduced risk of disease
- Lower risk of obesity
Tips For Eating More Superfoods
Champion recommends using the following tips to make superfoods part of your daily routine:
- Plan your meals in advance and have a variety of superfoods
- Sample new superfoods and bring more variety to meals.
- Make superfoods fun. Try roasting sweet potatoes with
spices and adding them to salads.
- Start your day off right with a breakfast smoothie
loaded with superfoods.
Champion suggests that making superfoods part of your daily routine isn’t only good for your health — it’s also enjoyable. Make the most of 2020 and start enjoying the benefits of eating superfoods today!